Small Business Expansion Project
Start date: April 24, 2012
End date: April 23, 2016
Project budget: (Life of Project) $ 5 million
Strengthen private sector capacity to drive regional economic development and job creation within selected regions of Macedonia.
- Engage business leaders, local government and other institutions to identify market opportunities for growth and job creation.
- Upgrade the capacity of micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) to respond to new market opportunities and grow.
- Strengthen the capacity of business service providers to better identify and serve the needs of the MSMEs.
- Build the necessary workforce capacity to support the growth of the MSMEs;
- Encourage participation of women and youth in business.
- An effective and replicable model for private sector-led regional enterprise development will be developed and demonstrated in three regions of Macedonia;
- New jobs will be created (25% for women; 30% for youth; 25% for ethnic minorities).